Welcome to RFGateway.info – The way technology connects …
Friday Open Forum Net (FOFN)
On Friday Evenings at 01:00Z (20:00 CDT 19:00 CST)
YSF TG#72340 XLX402
DMR TG#31311 Nebraska_Hub
D-Star REF402A, DCS402A, XRF402A, or XLX402A
Allstarlink Node #27553 Nebraska_Hub #27600 Misty Bridge Hub
Echolink Node KC0EQA-R
It keeps getting easier to accomplish building a PBX / Remote Base. The above method was first presented back in 2015. Now that we are into 2020 and now a small computer can handle the task with a couple added items that create the RF Gateway. We will present some of the easiest ways to have the means to handle both analog and digital traffic.
Is your RF Gateway ready?
- Is your power source backed up?
- Do you have a battery bank is it properly maintained?
- Do you have a generator, do you test it weekly, monthly, “yearly?”
- Is your Internet backed up?
- Do you have some plan for alternate ISP (for rapid restoration of Internet service)?
- What about a dual WAN router that can use 3G/4G LTE or even Satellite Internet services?
- Spares – do you have the spare parts that are needed to quickly bring your RF Gateway back online?